1. The Israelite’s serve as an exemplar to us.
a. When they followed God, they were blessed
b. When the moved away from God, the were rebuked
c. We believe the same principle applies today.
2. Israel is still a relevant part of the bible.
I say then, has God cast away His people [Israelites]? Certainly not!
(Romans 11:1, NKJV)
3. Israel has right to the land.
And the LORD said to Abram, after Lot had separated from him: “Lift your eyes now and look from the place where you are—northward, southward, eastward, and westward; “for all the land which you see I give to you and your descendants forever.
(Genesis 13: 14-15, NKJV)
4. The Body of Christ (the Church) plays a vital role in restoring Israel back to God and the land they were promised.
I say then, have they stumbled that they should fall? Certainly not! But through their fall, to provoke them to jealousy, salvation has come to the Gentiles.
(Romans 11:11, NKJV)
5. Idolatry is a harmful practice amongst The Body of Christ; thus, repeating similar mistakes as the Israelites did.
You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. (Matthew 22:37; Deuteronomy 6:4, NKJV)